Service Team Coordinator Apprentice
The Service Team Coordinator Apprentice (STCA) is responsible for learning all the associated responsibilities for leading teams of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) who provide services in the homes of people who experience intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and sometimes co-occurring mental illness. This position requires an individual with strong leadership/management skills and, ideally, a human services background. A successful STCA will be able to learn/demonstrate how to ensure quality service delivery as well as compliance with State regulations and agency policies. Additionally, a STCA will be able to lead through team development, open communication and also promote and challenge learning initiatives for those supervised and the people we support. This includes promoting a positive team attitude and be able to effectively respond to unexpected changes or demands.
As this STCA is an apprentice position, it is expected that, upon completion of training and within approximately two months of date of hire the STCA will fill an open caseload.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a candidate’s successful completion of PCL’s pre-employment drug testing, and background investigation, which includes employment, education and criminal histories.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Starts at $3200-$3400 a month DOE
- Retirement, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life for FT employees
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: Marion/Polk Counties
Type of Position: Full-time, salary, exempt. Includes being a part of an on-call rotation, evenings and weekends are required.
Education Requirements: High school diploma/GED required, Associate’s degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: Two years of supervisory experience required. May substitute one year in the field of I/DD or Associate’s degree for one year of supervisory experience.
- Must be at least 18 years old with High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a valid ODL with an acceptable driving record (min of 6 months driving experience) Click here for driver eligibility guide
- Be able to regularly lift a minimum of 25lbs (some positions require more)
- Pass a State/Federal criminal history check (fingerprints may be required) Click here for link to current Potential Disqualifying Crimes and Conditions
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screening for illegal substances in Oregon
- Pass a pre-employment computer skills assessment
- Attend a two week orientation located in Monmouth and/or Virtually
PCL is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer who greatly values our Team Members!
The Week Ahead