The Area Relief are shining examples of PCL’s mission in action blended with the ability to provide services to any person within their assigned area. They are able to walk into any situation, pick up where needed and ensure that people are supported in a way that promotes a person centered life. The DSP-AR is generally utilized when there have long term openings or there is a need for additional staff. It is the role of the DSP-AR to provide a feeling of reassurance, stability, and support to the team members and people supported. They are role models, mentors, and ambassadors to the team members they work with and people they support.
A primary purpose of the DSP is to assist people who need support to lead self-directed lives and to participate fully in our communities and nation. This emphasis on empowerment and participation is critical because the prejudices of society form powerful barriers that prevent many people with mental or physical disabilities from enjoying a high quality of life. It is the mandate of the DSP to follow the individual path suggested by the unique gifts, preferences, and needs of each person they support, and to walk in partnership with the person, and those who love him or her, toward a life of opportunity, well-being, freedom, and contribution. Work schedule varies in days/times/location Friday-Sunday are your REQUIRED working days, you will receive your schedule at least 2 weeks in advance from your supervisor (with 2 non-weekend days off (Mon-Thur as available).
- Integrity: Able to motivate others with the belief that the people we support deserve the life of their choice.
- Abundance Mentality: Able to come up with innovative ideas to overcome any roadblocks.
- Levity: See what needs to be done and do it, creates a culture of how to have fun while getting the job done.
- Tenacity: Able to manage a diverse schedule and able to successfully work in a variety of environments
- Humility: Seek first to understand before being understood, presuming positive intent, solution focused
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid ODL with an acceptable driving record
- Be able to regularly lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Be able to be certified with/Individual Focus certificate in Oregon Intervention System.
- Pass a State/Federal criminal history check (fingerprints may be required)
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen for the use of illegal drugs in Oregon
- Provide 3-6 references (email and phone number)
- Attend a 2 week orientation located in Monmouth
- Work schedule varies in days/times/location Friday-Sunday are your required working days, you will receive your schedule at least 2 weeks in advance from your supervisor (with 2 non-weekend days off (Mon-Thur as available).
- This position requires cross training and intermittent coverage as needed in Eugene. If an agency vehicle is not available, then you are eligible for mileage reimbursement
- Provide on call support for one week every five weeks
- Be able to work unsupervised and alone with individual(s) supported
- Be knowledgeable of, promote, model and adhere to PCL’s Policies and Procedures, including the Team Member Handbook and Ethical Guidelines, and the NADSP Code of Ethics
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Oregon Administrative Rules and other rules/regulations that are applicable
- Be literate and capable of following written and oral communications
- Basic math, writing and computer skills
- Complete all duties related to being a Mandatory Abuse Reporter
- Complete and maintain all certifications as required by position, PCL and other governing agencies
- Complete and maintain Individual Focus (IF) certification in the Oregon Intervention System (OIS) for the people supported in their area
- Being able to professionally interface with a variety of teams and people
- Dependable, reliable and regular work attendance, including team meetings and All-staff meetings
- Responding to emergency and/or crisis situations (including, and not limited to physical intervention)
- Providing or assisting with transportation needs of people assigned to support
- Provide a stable living environment by promoting and attending to the person’s right to respect and dignity, individual choice and input, and health and safety needs at all times
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- Starting position $15.00/hr, 6 months in position $16.00/hr, one year in position $17.00/hr
- Retirement, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life for FT employees.