Salary Range: $2,607 - $3,872 monthly
Class: C0108 Recruitment #: S1895
Review Date: Preference given to applications received by January 18, 2019. Position open until filled.
This is a regular, full-time, 12-month position in the Multicultural Student Services & Programs (MSSP) department and is represented by the Oregon Public Employees Union/Service Employees International Union. MSSP is committed to providing educational opportunities and outstanding programming for ethnic and culturally diverse students and strives to foster a supportive environment for students of color to live, learn, and grow as active members of the Western Oregon University (WOU) community and as individuals.
- Three years of office experience which include two years at full performance level (full range of duties with some latitude for independent judgement) and experience generating documents and lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures
- Experience generating documents
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to be self-directed, flexible, and prioritize tasks with frequent interruptions while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in a foreign language frequently used by student population
- Experience with Banner FIS/SIS
- Previous program planning and coordination experience
- Previous experience working with first generation/underrepresented populations
**A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the University typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular University appointments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support to the MSSP Director
- Track and reconcile MSSP, MSU, foundation, and grant accounts; Process MSSP purchasing documents; Work with ASWOU Office Coordinator to process MSU paperwork; Manage student employment funds: Oversee the purchase and maintenance of office equipment and furniture; Manage P-Card and office procurement according to institutional and state procurement policies.
- Coordinate student worker hiring process, train, delegate, evaluate, and oversee the work of student employees and complete, process, and maintain student worker timesheets
- Manage and maintain data tracking and processing of the MSSP Annual Reports
- Manage MSSP website, newsletters, list serves, and procedure and resource manuals
- Plan and implement various recognition events, office recruitment/retention events, meetings, retreats, training and workshops
- Prepare, maintain, and archive student files
- Maintain office supply and equipment inventory, service agreement records: coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs
WORKING CONDITIONS:Employee must be flexible, have strong communication skills and have excellent interpersonal skills to work with a diverse population of students as well as staff and faculty. Fast paced and multi-task office environment. Work schedule requires some evening and weekend hours. This office frequently works with students and parents that are non-native English speakers and persons not familiar with the U.S. higher education system.
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/classified
Required Application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application form (available at www.wou.edu/classified)
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
- Contact information for three references
- Copy of unofficial transcript for highest degree earned (if needed for preference)
As an alternative, you may submit application materials to:
S1895, Program Coordinator, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 N. Monmouth Avenue, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR e-mail to email@example.com; OR fax to: 503-838-8144.