2016 Membership Drive!
Join the MI Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center by October 15, 2016
and receive 1 month FREE!
Why join the MI Chamber?
Because membership provides….
- Investment in your community to create a healthy local economy
- Opportunities for business and organizational growth
- Community involvement and visibility
- Stronger relationships and professional networks
- Education and professional development
- Search engine relevancy and internet exposure
when linked to micc-or.org
- Web-based marketing of your products and services
- Access to resources
- And more!
Our membership cycle runs annually from October 1 – September 30.
Review our membership brochure
and select the tier that best meets your goals and needs.
Monthly payment plans available.
This offer is extended to new members only.
Contact the MI Chamber office at 503-838-4268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Student Feed
- Wednesday, September 21; 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
- Western Oregon University, The Grove
(On Church Street between Werner University Center and New PE Building)
- Help us welcome incoming freshmen and transfer students to our community!
- Vendor registration closed 9/14.
- Measure 97 Public Forum
- Thursday, September 22; 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- Monmouth Public Library
(168 Ecols Street S, Monmouth)
- Purpose: To educate our community at-large on Measure 97, a statewide ballot initiative to increase corporate taxes on businesses with annual incomes that exceed $25 million.
- Registration is not required
- Pokémon Go in downtowns Monmouth & Independence!
- Saturday, September 24; 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Downtowns Monmouth and Independence
- Spend the afternoon catching Pokémon, get to know businesses and services in our community, and enjoy specials at participating locations! This FREE and informal event is open to all community members and WOU students!
- Businesses currently participating include:
- In Monmouth:
- Fee Mail Depot
- Hadley’s Radio Bakery
- Java Crew
- Koyotes Tacos
- Main Street Ice Cream Parlor
- Main Street Pub & Eatery
- Monmouth Fitness
- Rick’s Place Coffeehouse
- The Find
- Veal Bikes Plus
- In Independence:
- House of Mia Bella
- Independence Public Library
- Same As It Never Was Vintage
- In Monmouth:
- Want to participate and encourage folks to shop local? Click here to register.
- Registration is free.
- Fall PEP Talks Series coming soon!
- WOU Athletics 1st Annual Chamber Challenge
- Saturday, October 1
- Game: Kick Off at 1:00 PM; McArthur Field
- Vendors: 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM; The Grove on Church Street
- Grow awareness and build your customer base with students and football game attendees and win free advertising for three months on the WOU Athletics website!
- Register at www.wouwolves.com under the “Shop” tab
- Tickets must be purchased by 2 PM 9/30/16
- Vendors must register by 2 PM 9/23/16
- 2016 Candidates Forum
- Thursday, October 6; 7:00 PM
- Columbia Room, Werner University Center, WOU Campus
- Purpose: This forum is designed to provide an opportunity in a neutral environment to engage the community and students on the upcoming election while learning about area candidates to help voters make informed decisions on the November ballot.
- Registration is not required.
Hours of Operation for September
Monday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Thursday 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Friday 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Hours of operation are based on volunteer coverage.
“We are your business and community connection
for promoting and celebrating the economic vitality
of the greater Monmouth-Independence area.”